录音/制作/创作 吉他 扩声技术 视频技术 作品展示 生活 信息 更多... | 音频应用专卖店

[教程] 你是否过度思考了 EQ?

( 8 )

[收藏]

你是否过度思考了 EQ?

INTRODUCTION:
EQ, It’s one of the most difficult tools for newer engineers to get their heads around when first starting out, and is also the tool most prone to being misused due to various bad habits & misconceptions which can develop during the learning process.
This week, I’ll be sharing with you one of the most important, workflow-altering mixing revelations I’ve had in my years of audio, and hopefully help you course-correct away from any EQ mistakes you’ve been making on the regular.
IT’S MUSIC, NOT MATH… DON’T OVER-COMPLICATE IT!

Mixing isn’t meant to be a math-driven technical process based on a bunch of exact numbers or frequencies… It’s meant to be a gut-driven musical process based on feeling and emotion!
Time for a little backstory…
When I first started getting into the world of audio, I’d hear well-known engineers describing sounds with words like “warmth”, “presence” & “air”. As a tech-oriented guy, I always used to think that these old-timers were lame, and stubbornly preferred to think in more analytical/surgical “100-250Hz, 2-4kHz & 10kHz” terms.
As the years went by, and my scientific knowledge of audio improved, I felt like my mixes were technically becoming “cleaner”… But always missing a certain something that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.
This lack of progression continued, and I began over-analysing every mix I did in search of the missing “spark”… All the while digging myself into a deeper hole of over-processing and “empty” sounding mixes.
It wasn’t until I re-watched an old mixing tutorial by a famous engineer while in search of “secret mixing tips” (in a moment of mixing depression) that I realised…
THE REAL “NOT-SO-SECRET” KEY TO A GREAT MIX:
The engineer wasn’t blindly tweaking specific frequencies based on any cold, hard “mixing rules” that he’d read in a book… Neither did he look like he was in a stressed-out “analytical mode”… (as I usually was while mixing)
On the contrary! He was listening to each instrument and diagnosing the problems based off-of simple gut reactions such as “this guitar is a bit painful to listen to” or “that kick drum isn’t hitting me hard enough in the chest”.
The 100-track mix he pulled off with 2 hours of minimalist tweaking based on nothing more than pure musicality and emotion was leaps-and-bounds better than the super-technical “stupid-amounts-of-surgical-EQ” mixes I’d spent days, or even weeks on in the past!
After realising these seemingly-simply mixing approach characteristics, I decided to give a mix I’d been working on at the time another go, but this time, I threw all of my usual go-to habits/settings out of the window and listen as a music lover rather than a techhead.
To my absolute amazement, that mix ended up being the best sounding, most enjoyable one I had done to date! (The client was also very pleased, and had no revisions upon delivery – That was a first!)
My point is…
DON’T “EQ BY NUMBERS”!

It’s easy to read generalised mixing “rules” such as “500Hz is boxiness, 250Hz is mud, etc…” and then automatically/blindly proceed to mess with those frequencies in every single instrument, on every single mix you do…
Don’t get me wrong, it’s extremely important to know the frequency ranges in which certain qualities/shortcomings of an instrument can be found, but this doesn’t mean that you should habitually go in and instantiate bands of EQ and start boosting/cutting them without even listening-to & diagnosing the sound first!
CONCLUSION:
It’s funny how you can spend years trying to improve your mixes by getting more and more complicated… Or using fancy techniques/ways of thinking… Only to come full circle and realise that the most basic things which you discarded as “stupid” or “basic” when you first began were actually the far superior approach all along!

鉴于之前帖子说的“作者理解问题”,“译者翻译问题”,我想这是最直接的方式,请动起你们的小手自行翻译。

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

沙发,感谢。

用别的翻译看的  感谢

介绍:
EQ,这是新工程师在首次启动时最难掌握的工具之一,也是最容易被滥用的工具,因为在学习过程中会产生各种不良习惯和误解。
本周,我将与您分享我在多年的音频中最重要的,改变工作流程的混音启示之一,并希望帮助您纠正您在过程中遇到的任何EQ错误。定期。
它是音乐,而不是数学......不要过于复杂!

混音并不是基于一堆精确数字或频率的数学驱动技术过程......它意味着基于感觉和情感的直觉驱动的音乐过程!
时间有点背景......
当我第一次进入音频世界时,我会听到知名工程师用“温暖”,“存在”和“空气”等词语描述声音。作为一个以技术为导向的人,我总是认为这些老前辈是蹩脚的,并且固执地倾向于考虑更多的分析/手术“100-250Hz,2-4kHz和10kHz”术语。
随着岁月的流逝,我对音频的科学知识得到了改善,我觉得我的混音在技术上变得“更加干净”......但总是错过了一些我无法用手指指的东西。
这种进展的不足仍在继续,我开始过度分析我为寻找失踪的“火花”所做的每一次混合......一直在挖掘自己深入的过度处理和“空”混音。
直到我重新观看了一位着名工程师在寻找“秘密混音技巧”(在混合抑郁时刻)的旧混音教程时才意识到......
真正的“不那么秘密”是一个伟大的混合的关键:
工程师并没有盲目地根据他在书中读到的任何冷酷的“混合规则”来调整特定的频率......他也没有看起来像是处于压力大的“分析模式”......(我通常是混的时候)
反之!他正在听各种乐器并根据简单的肠道反应来诊断问题,例如“这把吉他听起来有点痛苦”或“那个踢鼓没有让我在胸部受到足够的打击”。
基于仅仅纯粹的音乐性和情感而进行2小时极简主义调整的100轨混音比超级技术“愚蠢的手术 - EQ”混音更好过去几天,甚至几周!
在实现了这些看似简单的混合方法特征之后,我决定在另一个时候给出一个我一直在努力的混合,但是这一次,我把所有常用的习惯/设置抛到窗外并听作为音乐爱好者而不是技术人员。
令我非常惊讶的是,这种混合最终成为迄今为止我所做过的最好的,最令人愉快的! (客户也非常高兴,交付时没有修改 - 这是第一次!)
我的观点是......
不要“按数字进行均衡”!

很容易阅读广义混音“规则”,例如“500Hz是盒装,250Hz是泥等......”然后自动/盲目地在每一个乐器中混淆那些频率,在你做的每一个混音上......
不要误解我的意思,了解仪器的某些质量/缺点可以找到的频率范围是非常重要的,但这并不意味着您应该习惯性地进入并实例化EQ频段并开始增强/切割他们甚至没有先收听和诊断声音!
结论:
有趣的是,你可以花多年时间来通过变得越来越复杂来改善你的混音...或者使用花哨的技巧/思维方式......只有完整的循环才能意识到你丢弃的最基本的东西是“愚蠢的”或“基本的” “当你第一次开始时,实际上是一直是优越的方法!

鉴于之前帖子说的“作者理解问题”,“译者翻译问题”,我想这是最直接的方式,请动起你们的小手自行翻译。
观众反应

感谢分享

谢谢楼主分享!

感谢分享啦

谢谢分享

本帖最后由 wangnov1 于 18-9-21 21:04 编辑

介绍:
EQ是新工程师在第一次工作时最难掌握的工具之一,也是最容易被滥用的工具,因为在学习过程中会产生各种不良习惯和错误的理解。
现在,我将与您分享我在多年的音频工作中最重要的,改变工作流程的混音启示之一,并希望帮助您纠正您在制作过程中遇到的任何EQ错误。
它是音乐,而不是数学,请不要想得过于复杂!
混音并不是基于一堆精确数字或频率的数学技术过程,它是一个基于感觉和情感的直觉驱动的音乐创作过程!
讲一点本文的背景故事:
当我第一次进入音频领域的世界时,我经常听说知名工程师用“温暖”,“现场感”和“空气感”等词语描述声音。作为一个相信技术的人,我总是认为这些老前辈的说法很蹩脚,并且固执地倾向于考虑更多的分析性的如“100-250Hz2-4kHz10kHz”的术语。
随着岁月的流逝,我对音频的科学知识有了更深入的认识。我觉得我的混音在技术上变得“更加干净”了......但总是感觉错过了一些我无法指出的东西。
这个过程中的缺陷仍在加深,并且我开始过度地去分析我为寻找失踪的灵感火花所做的每一次混音......这也就让我自己陷入了自己过度的处理和过于“空”的混音错误中。
直到我重新观看了一位著名工程师在寻找“混音的秘密技巧”(他在混音路上迷茫的时候)的旧混音教程时才意识到......
混出好作品的关键(并不是什么秘密)其实是:
工程师并没有盲目地根据他在书中读到的任何严格的“混音规则”来调整特定的频率......他也没有看起来像是处于一个高压、缜密的“分析模式”下......(这通常是我混音时候的模式)
反之!他正在回放监听各种乐器并根据简单的本能反应来诊断问题,例如“这轨吉他听着不舒服”或“那个底鼓没有那种直击心脏的打击感”。
基于这些纯粹的音乐性和情感,他仅仅花了2小时做了100轨的极速混音,远超我花了好几天甚至几周并且认真利用我的“以技术为核心,坚持用做手术的精神去做EQ”的模式混出来的作品!
在弄明白了这些看似简单的混音技巧的特点之后,我决定去做另一个我一直在做的混音,但是这一次,我把所有常用的习惯/设置都抛之脑后,作为音乐爱好者来听,而不是作为技术人员来分析。
令我非常惊讶的是,这种混音方法混出来的作品最终成为了迄今为止我所做过的最好的作品!(客户也非常满意,交工的时候没有修改——这是有史以来的第一次!)
我的观点是......
不要“用参数来做EQ”!
我们很容易理解一些很宽泛的混音“规则”,例如“500Hz的声音像在盒子里一样(原文:is boxiness),250Hz容易让声音变脏(原文:is mud)等......”然后自动按照规律并且盲目地在每一个乐器中调整那些频率,每一个混音工程都是如此......
不要误解我的意思,了解乐器的某些特性和缺点对应的频率范围是非常重要的,但这并不意味着您应该把这当做金科玉律,甚至在还没有先对声音进行诊断(监听)的情况下直接在实际操作中开始对它们进行增益或者滤波!
结论:
有趣的是,你也许会花很多年时间,尝试各种各样更复杂的手段来改善你的混音...或者用一些很花哨的技巧和思维方式......只有经历过这样一个返璞归真的过程,你才会意识到,那些你第一开始接触混音时所使用的方法,那些被你丢弃甚至认为是“太简单的办法”、“笨办法”的方法,实际上是非常优越的方法!
译者总结:以听为本,以感为根。大道至简,返璞归真。
(仅供自己学习参考,未至信达雅之境还请谅解)
观众反应
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

搜索