[收藏]
-  第 1 页  -
#1 12-12-8 23:53

一封来自Nine Volt Audio 的公开信

购买主题 已有 3 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 1 积分 才能浏览

#2 12-12-8 23:54
What Does it Take?
制作这个音色库花费了我们什么?

With so many sample and loop libraries released into the world on a daily basis, one could be forgiven for never giving any consideration to how one is put together.
每天都有太多的Loop和采样音色库被发布于世,我们可以原谅世人从来不会考虑这些音色库是怎么制作出来的。

Here is an abridged version of what it took to create TAIKO 2.
在此我对TAIKO 2 的幕后制作做一个删减版的介绍。

Initial planning: I coordinated with a partner to secure access to the drums, the performance hall, percussionists, and any recording equipment that I could not practically travel with. This groundwork, along with discussions about how best to record the drums took place over many months, with countless phone calls, Skype chats and emails.
最初的准备: 为了确保能够使用那些鼓,租用录音大厅,雇佣打击乐手,还有使用其它那些我不能随身携带的录音设备,我找了一个合作者。几个月里,除了这些最初的准备,我还打了无数个电话、用Skype聊了无数次天、发了无数个email来讨论何处最适宜录制我的鼓乐……

Travel: A large collection of taiko drums does not travel. I had to go to them. I booked a flight and traveled from Nashville, Tennessee to Columbus, Ohio.
旅行:那些整套的Taiko鼓不会自动来到我这里,我得主动去找它们。我搭了次航班从田纳西州的纳什维尔飞到了俄亥俄州的哥伦布。

Sessions: With setup, recording and teardown, approximately 40 hours of session time was packed into four days. During this time over 8000 hits/samples were performed and recorded, a task that morphs into a “water torture” feel by the end of the first day.
在录音棚:包括组装、录音、拆卸,我们在四天内大约一共在录音棚里待了40小时。在这期间,我们录制了8000多次打击乐采样,仅仅第一天,我们就像刚上过刑一样精疲力尽了。

Editing: Because I recorded from four stereo microphone positions, with additional mono microphones to record solo drums, the editing of 8000 hits gets multiplied out to the creation of approximately 30000 files. Listening to every hit, slicing them up, trimming, fading, naming, organizing by velocity, splitting into groups, layering, and then mapping to the keyboard took several weeks.
编辑采样:因为我是从4个麦克风位点录制的立体声,还有附加的单声道录制独奏鼓声,编辑这8000多次采样就相当于产生大约30000个文件。聆听每一次敲击,剪裁,润色,淡化处理,命名,分力度编组,编群,分层,最后在键盘上定位,这些工作花了好几个星期。

Programming: Just getting the samples into the Kontakt sampler is one thing. Transforming it into a customizable and inspiring-to-play instrument is another. Over a month was spent writing custom code (aka “scripting”), designing interface graphics, developing custom impulse responses, and generally refining the product through numerous revisions.
编程:光是把所有的采样搞到Kontakt里就是一项浩大的工程,把它们变成一个可供演奏的虚拟乐器又是另一项工程。我花了一个多月编写代码(即KSP脚本),设计界面,开发定制的IR,不停地发展软件,更新程序版本号。

Getting it Out: Over a week was spent creating the cover art, demo MP3s, video walk through, PDF manual, website update, DVD creation and promotional art (banner ads, email artwork, etc…).
发布:又有一个多星期的工作花在设计封面、录制demo、制作视频讲解、PDF手册、更新网站、生产DVD、进行推广(网页广告、电邮插画等等……)

And this is just the time I spent. My partner for this particular project invested at least a month of his own time contributing and adding to many of the aspects listed above.
而且,这只是我一个人花费的时间。我的合作者在这项工程的上述部分也花费了他自己至少一个月的时间。

Looking at the Numbers
一些惊人的数据

It is impossible to quantify the financial impact that the pirating of TAIKO 2 will have. How many people will consider purchasing the library, but will first check to see if there is “free” copy somewhere on the web? How many people will download a pirated copy just because they can? No one can ever know these numbers. But perhaps another perspective could be instructive.
TAIKO 2 被盗版使我们在经济上的损失是难以估量的。有多少人会在购买这个音色库之前先在网上搜搜是不是可以免费下载?有多少人会只是因为他们可以下载盗版而不去购买正版?只有老天爷才知道到底多少人这么做了。那么我们从另一个方面再谈谈。

One pirate site currently lists 13,699 illegal downloads of TAIKO 2. If each person had paid $1.00 for his or her copy from this site, it would amount to more than the library has grossed so far. I disclose this information to illustrate the point that these libraries are investments, and getting them “in the black” takes time, effort and further capital to promote them.
有一个盗版网站显示了目前已有13699次非法下载TAIKO 2 的数据。假如每一个人在下载时能够掏出那么1美元,加起来就比目前这个音色库给我们带来的收入要多了。我公开这些信息,是想告诉大家制造音色库也要投资很多,要想赚钱得花好多时间、精力,还得进行推广。

Who Loses?
到底有谁蒙受损失?

I think it is reasonable to assume that this library’s sales potential will be hurt by the existence of a pirated version. But who else does this impact? Consider for a moment if TAIKO 2 had not been made:
我觉得要是说盗版的存在会冲击正版的销量那是肯定的。但是还有什么给我带来损失?只是想一下如果我没有生产TAIKO 2 :

- Airfare to the recording location and lodging would not have been purchased.
-飞往录音地点的飞机票不会被订购,住所也不会被预订。

- Purchases for recording equipment and software specifically used to create TAIKO 2 would not have been made.
-专门用来制造TAIKO 2 的硬件和软件不会被购买。

- Percussionists would not have been hired for the sampling session.
-打击乐手不会被雇来敲鼓。

- A programmer would not have been hired to help in the creation of the Kontakt script.
-我们也不会雇佣一个程序员来帮着写KSP脚本。

- Advertising on the web and in print would not have been purchased.
-我们更不会花钱在网上或者打印来做广告。

This is only a partial list. There are numerous other positive financial ripples created for others by this library, not least-of-which are the composers that create and sell music utilizing the TAIKO 2 samples.
这是实在只是冰山一角。当然,也不仅仅还有用这个音色库作曲卖钱的作曲家们创造的价值。

There are soft costs associated with piracy, too. It is easy to imagine that at times, some paying customers get a tinge of, “I’m a sucker for buying this when everyone else can take it for free.”
还有就是盗版带来的无形的伤害,你可以很容易想到有些合法顾客可能会这么想:“所有人都可以弄到免费的我他妈的为啥还要买?”

Who Gains?
是谁盈利了?

Besides the individuals that download TAIKO 2 without paying, who else gains?
除了那些免费下载了TAIKO 2 的人们,还有谁盈利了?

Most obvious: websites that host or aggregate links to pirated material. These sites often sell membership and subscription services.
最显然的是:那些承载着或者收集盗版资料的网站。人们通常得购买那些网站的会员资格或者阅览服务。

Less obvious: many referring sites are loaded with ads served up by Google, amongst others. Clicking on those ads makes money for the webmaster and the advertising servicer.
不太明显的是:很多这种网站上挂着广告,尤其还有Google的。点击广告会给站长和广告提供商来钱。

In Closing
结语

When I get stuck thinking about TAIKO 2 being pirated, my mind usually goes to one of three thoughts:
每当我想起TAIKO 2 被盗版,我的头脑里就会想起这些事:

- How heavy the drums were. Getting them on and off the recording stage – sometimes taking two or three people to move just one drum. The thought of that physical act, combined with the knowledge that someone is freely taking TAIKO 2 gets under my skin.
-那些鼓是多重啊。把它们搬上、搬下录音台——有时仅仅是挪动一台鼓,就得让两三个人帮着来。想起这些体力活,再加上我得知了有人免费下载我的音色库,我心里头就很难受。

- My partner on TAIKO 2 is having a kid in a few months. The fact that this library has been pirated sucks for him.
-同我制作TAIKO 2 的合作者几个月后就要带孩子了。音色库被盗版这一事实对他来说是不是也太他妈的打击了?

- What will the future bring? Despite my passion for doing what I do, is that enough to press on knowing that the products will be pirated?

But if I think a bit longer on it, my self-preservation kicks in with the “what-will-be-will-be” thought. The fact that I slip into this way of thinking is perhaps most upsetting of all.
-将来会发生什么?尽管我热衷于我的事业,一直记得我的产品会被盗版就够了吗?但我只是多想一点,我的自我保护意识就成了“该来的迟早会来的”的想法。可能这么想才是最让我不安的吧。

Acknowledgements: A "thank you" to the folks at 8 Dio for catching the first pirated posting early on and letting my TAIKO 2 partner know.
鸣谢:感谢8Dio的老兄们最先发现第一篇盗版帖子并且告诉我的TAIKO 2 合作者。

凯尔

[ 本帖最后由 DONPANIK 于 12-12-8 23:55 编辑 ]
观众反应
:努力买正版
:哥拿的工资生活都成问题啊,怎么办啊?
:唉!!!悲衰!!!
:定价如果只有5美元,你会得到利润的,有谁会 ...
:看了之后真的觉得汗颜!!!
CD3

#3 12-12-9 00:11
应该支持正版,但是在天朝这个行不通,大家只认钱不认情~

#4 12-12-9 00:11
不知为啥眼眶湿润了

#5 12-12-9 00:14
开发公司的资本家应该负全责!!!!
加密不力,使开发人员的白白付出劳动。
同样的话也想对Waves的公司说,TMD的什么玩意啊,新闻才发布几天,就被破解了。

[ 本帖最后由 txt 于 12-12-9 18:46 编辑 ]
观众反应
:家里被偷了,不怪窃贼,只怪自己的门锁不够 ...

#6 12-12-9 00:15
看了这个觉得正版开发商太可怜了……哎 555555555555555
最受不了这种伤感了……再也不用盗版了……

[ 本帖最后由 CD3 于 12-12-9 00:23 编辑 ]
观众反应
:+1

#7 12-12-9 00:31
本身从事音乐行业相关工作的人,大都就比较感性、并且感情里带有悲情色彩……

想让音乐人伤心,真的挺容易的……  一个个看着五大三粗、谈吐风趣、活蹦乱跳的老中青男人音乐家们…… 他们有时候掉滴眼泪只需要10秒钟……
观众反应
:+1
:所言极是

#8 12-12-9 00:34
我希望自己努力混好,全买正版!
观众反应

#9 12-12-9 00:35
best service engine还是被盗版了 发什么都没用 谈钱伤感情 谈感情伤钱 我没感情也没钱 我什么都不谈

#10 12-12-9 00:35
恶性循环,这样下去不好!

#11 12-12-9 00:39
大英博物馆里那些从被抢走的东西有没有想过还?
外国人在拍卖我们流失的文物的时候有没有给过我们一分钱“版税”?
现在那些西方身上穿的,家里用的,社会福利,国家财力,不都是建筑在“偷”或者“抢”基础上的吗?
可能这和软件盗版没有直接联系。可能有人觉得我愤青。

对,我是愤青但我不愤怒。因为对强势方来讲愤怒无用。

现在“盗版”是强势,正版是弱者。所以他们也不应该“愤怒”。我支持国产正版。但是对外国货嘛。。。愤怒无用哟。
观众反应
:。。。。
:JIBA
:哪天你被打了抢了Qiang-Chai了,关我屁事!
mao
:一码归一码,不能混淆,兄弟请自制下吧
:落后就要挨打,而且你不尊重自己,别人更不 ...
CD3

#12 12-12-9 00:43
In Closing
结语

When I get stuck thinking about TAIKO 2 being pirated, my mind usually goes to one of three thoughts:
每当我想起TAIKO 2 被盗版,我的头脑里就会想起这些事:

- How heavy the drums were. Getting them on and off the recording stage – sometimes taking two or three people to move just one drum. The thought of that physical act, combined with the knowledge that someone is freely taking TAIKO 2 gets under my skin.
-那些鼓是多重啊。把它们搬上、搬下录音台——有时仅仅是挪动一台鼓,就得让两三个人帮着来。想起这些体力活,再加上我得知了有人免费下载我的音色库,我心里头就很难受。

- My partner on TAIKO 2 is having a kid in a few months. The fact that this library has been pirated sucks for him.
-同我制作TAIKO 2 的合作者几个月后就要带孩子了。音色库被盗版这一事实对他来说是不是也太他妈的打击了?

- What will the future bring? Despite my passion for doing what I do, is that enough to press on knowing that the products will be pirated?

But if I think a bit longer on it, my self-preservation kicks in with the “what-will-be-will-be” thought. The fact that I slip into this way of thinking is perhaps most upsetting of all.
-将来会发生什么?尽管我热衷于我的事业,一直记得我的产品会被盗版就够了吗?但我只是多想一点,我的自我保护意识就成了“该来的迟早会来的”的想法。可能这么想才是最让我不安的吧。

#13 12-12-9 00:47
用正版的觉得自己亏 天天到论坛发这种XX的帖子用盗版的不去买正版 继续用 天天看论坛发这种XX的帖子偷着乐
做采样的不降价 东西分着卖 不搞整合 也天天发这种XX的帖子
部门不加大监管力度 外国有DMCA 中国有什么 法律完善度还在初级阶段 自己国家音乐人的利益都保护不了 有心思管外国人的破事么

没人愿意加大监管力度 完善法律制度
没人愿意降一点价钱 为音乐人着想
没人管得住自己的手 去下载那些一辈子都用不上的东西
没人管得住自己的嘴 哪壶不开提哪壶 好了伤疤揭了疼 做不出一丁点建设性的行动
所以做正版的活该被盗版 用正版的活该心理难受 用盗版的活该被喷
没人愿意做出让步 那好 下次我看到这种帖子 就当是看见姑娘大姨妈来了 捂脸逃走
一句话 活该
观众反应
:哈哈,有意思

#14 12-12-9 00:47
电脑软件的可复制性,就决定了不可能不被盗版,在开发软件之前就应该考虑到的问题,不过电脑制作音乐,确实价廉物美,有大众化的趋势,淘宝里都用motu express 卡拉ok了

#15 12-12-9 00:49
不做硬件音源坚持做软件音源 那就是被盗版的命运 软件的性质改变不了 脑子在想什么
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

搜索